Sunday, February 6, 2011

Antiques

On my trip home to Perth, I visited my grandparents down south, with my mum. One of the best parts of the trip (besides seeing my family) was the antique and op-shops along the way. Here are a few things I found:


The Australian Wonder Book of Knowledge- full of random facts about animals, plants, boats, trains, mining and 'the east'. I couldn't find a date, but it looks like it was published in the 1940s.


This is one of the strangest and most shocking pages! Isn't it interesting to see how dramatically our ideas about the world and the environment have changed (thank god.)


This is "a native caught in a giant clam" and a sea plant called a "nigger head"


This beautiful tea strainer- found for the bargain price of $5.00


And this lovely silver clam, for $4.00. I think it might be meant for holding sugar cubes.

1 comment: